Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Good News and Sad News

Good news is that Gordon is getting a promotion sad news that we need to move to Albuquerque, New Mexico ( I had to google how to spell it). Which for those who can't remember their geography (DaNae) it is a four corner state. It is between Arizona and Texas. We are putting our house on the market mid July. His promotion is "official" March 2009 but they want him their full-time between Sept./Oct. So if our house doesn't sell then we'll see him every other weekend. Not sure on details. I guess there is the National Atomic Museum. I think the boys will love that.
Any positive feedback on NM would be helpful. We are excited for Gordon's big break but sad about leaving Lehi we really like it here. But I guess all good things come to an end eventually. It is possible in 3-5 years of moving back to Utah. But, who know maybe we'll actually like New Mexico and stay. We'll see what happens. A new adventure awaits the Thompsons!

9 comments:

DaNae said...

You can always visit Roswell to check out some aliens! The boys will fo sho dig that. I am sad you are moving too, but seriously it will be so chill. Peeps say they love them some NM!

Danielle said...

I bet you guys will totally dig ABQ! The southwest is happening. This is super exciting, scary, but rad!

Dorianne said...

Congrats on the promotion. This is so exciting for your family. Your boys will adjust well to the heat!

Deborah said...

Congrats to Gordon. I am sad too even though I don't live close. I guess it's just sad to think that when I do visit Utah you won't be there. Anyway, it will be fun for all of us to experience a new place. You will have a great adventure, Just do your homework and get all the info you can in regards to housing, church, best schools and etc. I love you guys. Keep us posted.

Deborah said...

Congrats to Gordon. I am sad too even though I don't live close. I guess it's just sad to think that when I do visit Utah you won't be there. Anyway, it will be fun for all of us to experience a new place. You will have a great adventure, Just do your homework and get all the info you can in regards to housing, church, best schools and etc. I love you guys. Keep us posted.

Dave said...

That sucks! I hope you like dirt and Walmarts. Roswell should be cool. Plus, that is where Kit Carson made his name. There are a lot of indian ruins, plus there are a lot of indians (at Walmart). I have never been to New Mexico, but my buddy Mike served his mission there and can probably tell you about some good areas to live with very few 'illegals' hangning around.

Denton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denton said...

I guess no more whoopin' up on Dave and Gordo in pong anymore, that sucks, but You're pretty close to us now

Amanda said...

What that was a shock to read that. COngrats thro. I'm sure you guys will love it!! Good luck on the house sellin.